If you’re a fan of pure deliciousness, this recipe is for you. I made a batch of these bad boys as a mid-week treat and they were a hit!
Warning: they’re a little sweet, so if you don’t have a bit of a sweet tooth go easy on the sugar. I did find a recipe from the Accidental Farm Wife where she included Sanpellegrino (you can use any sparkling water) to balance out the sweetness. Will definitely try that route next time!
Recipe serves 2.
what you need:
5-8 lemons, rosemary (for garnish), 1 ginger root, 1 cup sugar, 3 cups water (one of which will be used for the simple syrup) 1 large carafe.
1. Cut a little less than 1/4 cup of ginger into small circles.
2. Mix ginger, 1 cup water, and about 3/4 cup sugar in saucepan. This is how you’ll make your syrup!
3. Bring syrup to a boil for two minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for about 30 min.
4. While your syrup is setting, squeeze 5-8 lemons into measuring cup. You’ll need 1 cup total.
5. Mix together 1 cup lemon juice, 2.5 cups water, and 1 cup simple syrup (which we made in step 2!)
6. Refrigerate your concoction for about 15 minutes and serve over ice.
7. Garnish with rosemary.
^^^ You can see about how much the recipe makes. Double for larger crowds or leftovers!