We had our first family dinner in the new house last night and it was yummy! My mom came over and did all the cooking (while I photographed her pretty creation, thanks mom!) which was a nice treat. She combined a couple different recipes she found online and came up with the tastiest end product. Rosemary and lemon is one of my favorite combinations! Hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did!
Serves four people. Takes about 5 min to prep. Bakes for 45 min.
1-2 Medium Lemons (Sliced)
2 Garlic Cloves (Quartered)
2 Sprigs Rosemary
1 lb. Uncooked Chicken Breasts
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 Tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425
- Layer 1/2 your lemon slices + 1 sprig rosemary on the bottom of baking dish. Scatter 1/2 garlic around dish.
- Season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper. Lay chicken in dish (on top of rosemary + lemon spread). Place additional rosemary sprig between chicken breasts. Sprinkle dish with remaining garlic. Drizzle dish with olive oil. Top with remaining lemon slices.
- Bake for approx. 45 minutes (until chicken is cooked through)
- Cover with aluminum foil for about 5 minutes and let the chicken set.
- Enjoy! (We served our with steamed veggies and orzo rice)
xo, mckenzie (and McKenzie’s mom!)