Friends! I’ve missed y’all so much! So many of you have reached out asking for a pregnancy/house/nursery update. While we’re still not ready for a home tour (currently staring at four boxes that need to be unpacked…) we have been making progress and I’m excited to share the room “reveals” (such a blogger thing to do, haha) with y’all very soon! Pregnancy has been a lot more enjoyable this past month (almost to the end of my second trimester) which has sent me into nesting mode. I woke up at 4am thinking about how sad I’d be if baby girl showed up early and her nursery wasn’t finished, truly don’t think she’d mind but #PregnancyEmotions are real y’all!
I had a really difficult time finding inspiration for Alba Grace’s nursery in the beginning. I’d had a boy nursery completely designed in my head prior to finding out we were having a girl. There weren’t a ton of girl nursery pics that I was drawn to. I felt like I had seen what felt like the same pink nursery over and over and over again. Can any girl mamas relate? I took a step back from Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and found the perfect piece of art, which helped drive several of the other decisions that needed to be made. I love the new direction and can’t wait to see everything come together for our sweet little lady.
Below is a list of what has been done and what’s still remaining. Hoping to have the room completed in April in preparation for her June (or maybe May) delivery.
– assemble crib
– drapery & linens meeting/order (meeting next week for measurements & details)
– purchase lighting (found the most perfect pendant – also need a table lamp that isn’t one million doll hairs)
– reconfigure closet (going to keep this simple with an ikea shelf and a few tension rods)
– touch up dresser (we’re reusing our vintage henry link dresser but the paint needs touching up)
– have song lyrics framed (worked with the amazing team at Framebridge, can’t wait to show y’all how it turned out!)
– have my baby dress framed
– have botanical piece framed
– purchase drapery hardware
– purchase lucite shelves (still can’t decide on a quantity so I haven’t pulled the trigger)
– wash and put away all clothes, toys & blankets (waiting until after my April shower)
– select glider (still waiting on fabric samples but I think we found the one!)
– purchase garden stool as chair side table
It’s been so special to put this room together but I’m also ready for it to be completed so we can sit in there and anticipate her sweet arrival.
love y’all, mckenzie