Happy Fall, y’all! Temps are cooling down here and every grocery store in town has their best pumpkins on display. I’m pinning chili recipes, adding all the cozy sweaters to my J.Crew cart, and planning a few fun date ideas inspired by the season. Fall is SUCH a romantic season. Let’s embrace it.
Here are a few fun fall date ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
1. Bike to the farmers market. Grab a couple cups of coffee and pick up ingredients for a seasonal dinner you can make together. One of my favorite things to do in the fall growing up was to ride my bike around town. There’s no better weather for it!
2. Visit a pumpkin patch. Head to a local pumpkin patch or take a day trip to a new city to see what their pumpkin patch has to offer – many have hayrides and cornmazes. SO romantic. Pick the perfect pumpkin together and head home to carve it!
3. Bake a pie. Nothing says fall like a fresh baked apple pie! Channel your inner betty crocker and take a stab at pie baking, with your husband or boyfriend. Not ready to tackle an entire pie? Try my apple pie bites recipe.
4. Host a bonfire for two. Bundle up in your favorite plaid blanket and enjoy the fire together. Throw in s’mores for bonus points. As classic as it gets.
5. Go for a drive to see the changing leaves. Down here we actually have to go for a drive to see any change in color this time of year. But when we do, it’s worth it!
6. Dress up in a couples costume and hand out candy to tricker treaters. Browse pinterest for DIY couples costumes and get to work. Once you’re all dressed up – pass out candy to trick or treaters. Word to the wise: get the good bag of candy. No one wants your butterscotch or lemonheads. As Jimmy Fallon would say, “EW!”
7. Get out and have a picnic. Y’all know I love a good picnic. Grab a blanket and head to the grocery store on a Saturday afternoon. Don’t forget to pack a bluetooth speaker – a good playlist sets the mood. Ps. If you’re local, stop by The Picnic Basket for your essentials! SO YUMMY.
What are you favorite fall date ideas?